Tuesday, January 13, 2015

B'sue Boutiques Build A Line Challenge

 B'sue Boutiques Build A Line Challenge

Hi Sandie..you're in!
Please be sure you have friended me at Facebook so that I can get you on the special group page which will be our classroom.
Thanks so much!
B'sue
*************************************************************************************

Greetings Everyone!
´¯) ¸.❉´¯)ƸӜƷ
(¸❉´ (¸.ƸӜƷ ´´¯`•.¸¸.❉ ƸӜƷ
❉• ❉
My email came this morning! Whoot Whoot! Thank you B'sue! So joyous to be included in this wondrous journey with all of you creative souls!

Some inside info on myself: I'm Sandie Ballard of Mama San's Mojo. I recently changed my business name from Winter's Wicked Garden (whom I was for many years - there are reasons but that's another story). Like my creations, I love to change my appearance.
I've been creating since I was a child (some of the story on my blog) and started creating jewelry seriously around 1999. I moved back to Connecticut from Carlsbad, CA (divorce) with my children and was briefly living with my parents. One day my step mother took me to a Gem Show in Meriden, CT. A nice lady (vendor) in the retail portion (whom I had met in a show near our town) told me after our conversation of how I wanted to create jewelry, to go in the wholesale room (all I needed was a business license from the State). I was so excited! Wow I didn't need to pay retail! So, after that me and Ednalou (my step mom - who recently passed in Feb.) started going to all the Gem and Jewelry Shows and I started creating. Folks took a shine to my creations, but I always wanted to take classes (for lack of funds) I wanted to cast sterling jewelry in my own molds. Now I just use UTee for molding. But in the past I have made chocolates, and candles in molds (love popping out the finished product).

I also sew, embroider and knit. I love decoupaging old furniture with fabric as well. When I had a spot (first crafter to be admitted to the farmers market in Collinsville CT) I made and sold a lot of Handbags; I crafted from old books. I was in heaven! I did out door market every weekend when I lived in CA (Encinitas and Solana Beach) and I missed it terribly! Back in CA I didn't sell any jewelry, I made candles and bath salts and soaps from my brother's pure essential oils (he owns a company called Kobashi in Devon England) and I also sold bell bottom jeans (I spoke of in a blog post).
Anyway, I just noticed that I'm writing War n Peace here, so I digress! Very happy and honored to be here! Bring the learning on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment