Monday, January 12, 2015

Eclectic I am - I sure am...............

Unusual Wares Crafted by myself. Unique Jewelry, book markers, Jewelry Boxes, Knitted Hats/Scarves, Recycled Clothing Gypsy Fortune Teller Jackets/ Vests. Handbags created from up-cycled books, tables, and So Much More. I love to go Antiquing or Picking as they coined it now a days! I get bored very quickly, so I like to create as many new ideas that I am able!

I have been creating since I was around 10. We didn't have much money when I was growing up and I had 2 older brothers. Ultimately, I got their hand me downs and in order to make their jeans look like a girls pair, I would sew them into bell bottoms, elephant bottoms (the really wide bell bottom version) and mini and maxi skirts (you guessed it! I grew up in the 70's). I didn't have a sewing machine, so it was done all by hand.

Then in 1998, I was introduced to eBay. My son and I were guests on the FX Collectible Show in San Diego. I became friends with the caller, whom purchased a crystal necklace I was offering for sale and she introduced me to eBay. I started selling her items for her on there, before I started my own shop. Back then my shop's name was Winter's Wicked Garden (a whole other post - which I will blog about later). And boy oh boy, did I love it!!! Then, they went public and these huge over seas companies started flooding the market and selling their products for dirt cheap. Just couldn't compete any longer.

Then, I started selling in open markets in Solana Beach, Encinitas, California and Connecticut.

I like to research (often found day dreaming and drawing) new ideas and implement up-cycled items (don't throw me out I have more life) into my creations. I am currently working on assemblage jewelry pieces…

6 comments: